Music

Music
credit: stonehamschools.org

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Happy Summer!

Hi everyone!

Wanted to say a quick thank you for my goodies at the end of the school year. I am so spoiled - not just with wonderful students, but parents too. I really appreciate the support I have received from the school community. I am fortunate to have been teaching something I truly love so far in my career and I hope to be able to keep sharing my passion for music and creative expression with your children. I am just getting started! I am crossing my fingers for next year, but I do not know what the future holds. Send positive vibes my way! I want to wish everyone a fabulous, relaxing, fun-filled, exciting and enjoyable summer. For those who are wondering if your children are in fact "in-the-know": I will be getting MARRIED in just under 2 weeks from now! Very exciting!!

I will leave you here with some pictures that I found on my ipad from this year. Don't know if I got a chance to post them.
Have an awesome summer!


Here we are practicing writing our ti-tis and tas with animal syllables.
We created our own rhythms and had others play them.

 With Rhythm Rockets tried to be really quick identifying which line represented the rhythmic phrase being said by the caller.



On the left, you can see our rhythm caterpillars. We created our own rhythmic phrases and practiced new rhythms such as: tika-tika and tika-ti. One person created the rhythm and helped the other follow along as they played it. First by clapping, then on a drum or other percussion instrument.
                 
Look! We can identify the high and low pitches of a song using bingo chips!

                                        In the hoola hoop we played a game that helped us recognize ti-ti, ta and shh

Below you can see how in grade 2 we are now able to identify and correctly place natural notes on the treble clef.

                    




 Here we are playing games again - we can clap our rhythms really well!




Music Monsters is a game that helps the students read rhythms. In grade 1, they helped each other correctly say or clap the ti-tis, tas and rests

 Here the students are matching up the rhythmic phrases of notes to their corresponding words. We try to work quickly and help each other to ensure everyone understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment